Cannabis Cup 2015 is underway and many eyes are looking toward Denver 4/18-4/20 as the marquee Cannabis Cup 2015 event of the year. There are bound to be countless booths and presentations and then the fun stuff – the awards and networking. But, there are plenty of other things to do during Cannabis Cup 2015 – like concerts!
Lat year featured Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa and this year there is even more to choose from.
Denver is a great place to catch a live show, from a small seedy venue downtown to Red Rocks in the foothills of the Rockies. During Cannabis Cup 2015 there are going to be plenty of great acts to check out. Here is a list of our 5 favorites:
1) The Disco Biscuits, Red Rocks 4/17/15: Mickey Hart and Bill Kreutzmann of The Grateful Dead join these jam band stalwarts who never disappoint.
2) Matisyahu, Fillmore, 4/20/2015: How did this Brooklyn born orthodox Jew become a pioneer in reggae rap? He’s sickly talented that’s how. Check him out and you’ll be downloading all his stuff from iTunes the next day.
3) Snoop Dogg, Soja, NAS, Red Rocks 4/18/15: We saw Snoop at Red Rocks last year and have to admit he was a little flat (didn’t really see the energy). But, everyone is allowed a rough day and we’re looking forward to Snoop redeeming himself this year.
4) Arcade Fire, Pepsi Center, 4/23/15: Ok, so this one is not on during the Cannabis Cup, but if you can wait three days this show will be more than worth it. One of the most robust live bands we’ve seen and the authentic energy is infectious. Years of touring later and this act still loves what it does.
5) Leftover Salmon, Cervantes, 4/20/2015: For jam band fans new to the scene these guys may sound a little tired, but for old schoolers a Leftover Salmon show never disappoints.